Saturday, June 17, 2006

Chocolate Biscuits or Cocoa Fudge Cookies

This isn't a new recipe, I've spent the last week in bed with the flu and have done no cooking let alone thinking about food. Niki posted this on her site Esurientes a little while ago, we made them that day, and they are beaut. The only change I've made is reducing the amount of cocoa to a more child-friendly quantity.

I'm reposting the recipe here as I know some of the extended family read this, and they need to know - these biscuits are Hannah-safe and they are really yummy! I think I need to make another batch tonight before the oven gets ripped out and we are kitchen free for three weeks.

1 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
4
tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
dried tart cherries or cranberries for optional decoration

Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in cocoa powder and sugars. Stir in yogurt and vanilla extract. Add flour and mix until just combined.


Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press down slightly to flatten; cookies do not spread a lot. Decorate with dried fruit if desired


Bake at 350F/175C for 9-12 minutes or until set and slightly firm at the edges. Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been scouring the internet for just such recipes, so I'm glad to add yet another to my pile :-) Thanks much!

5:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son is allergic to nuts and eggs, so glad I can make my baby some cookies he can eat.
Thank you

7:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home