Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Chocolate Chip Biscuits

I always been fond of the old choc chip biscuit, and like another Melbourne food blogger Niki, I've been messing with a few recipes to find the perfect one for me. Normally when I make a batch, they go in a tin, and out of sight until after the toddler's bedtime. This time out of curiousity I didn't add the egg to a portion of the mix. Surprisingly, they tasted remarkably similar to the biscuits with egg. Now I can't make proper chocolate chip bikkies for the small girl yet, as I've yet to find a source of chocolate that doesn't have the usual 'may contain traces of nuts'. The good news however is that I've just discovered an Australian E-store AllergyBlock that will be opening a shop in nearby Carlton and they will be selling egg and nut free chocolate. Oh boy, is my little girl going to have a happy Christmas (then again wouldn't life be easier if she never knew how good chocolate is!).

250g butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tbs water
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 1/2 cups of chocolate pieces (either bought chocolate bits or coarsely chopped chocolate)

Cream butter, mix in sugars. Beat in vanilla and water, then mix in dry ingredients then chocolate pieces. Drop well heaped teaspoons of the mixture well spaced on a non-stick baking paper lined tray. Bake at 190 degrees C for about 10 minutes or until done. Cool on tray and try not to eat too many at a time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It melted in the oven :S

11:59 am  
Blogger SnowPixie said...

I love this recipe! Thank you so much for posting this. I've made a couple of batches now and they've turned out great. I've tried adding some cinnamon too and that's lovely.

8:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just have takin them out of the oven, they're very thin and the dough was a bit hard to handle but the turned out okay very sweet!

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home