Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Not a recipe post...

...but I had to share what I found in the sales a few weeks ago.

I don't speak much of the passion in this house for penguins. It started probably two years ago when we had a brilliant kid's book out from the library which outlined the life story of the Emperor penguin. At the zoo we always check out the little penguins, and the number of soft toy penguins continue to grow. Hannah is currently very taken with wearing a dress-up wedding dress, but not without her baby penguin stuffed down the front.

When I chanced upon a penguin waffle maker in the end of financial year sales (discontinued I believe and it was the last in the shop) want else could I do? More waffle recipes to come....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What darling penguin waffles! Thanks for this site--I feel like your American counterpart, since my two and a half year old daughter is also allergic to nuts, eggs, and ginger, and I love to bake. (And we just re-did our tiny kitchen!) I've been baking a lot of pies and egg-free cookies the last two years to avoid the inconsistent results that I get in cakes with egg substitute. I am looking forward to trying some of your recipes. Thanks so much for the site, and good luck to you!

11:10 am  
Blogger Truffle said...

How adorable! Just the sort of thing I would buy :)

The cake below is absolutely beautiful!

10:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home