Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kiwi Biscuits

This recipe comes courtesy of a colleague of mine, she'd passed it on to me knowing of our egg-free kitchen. I'd not heard of kiwi biscuits before - but a bit of a google suggests they are a not uncommon New Zealand version of the chocolate chip biscuit, with the unusual inclusion of condensed milk. They are good:

220g butter
100g castor sugar
4 tablespoons of condensed milk
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar. Add condensed milk. Mix flour and baking powder. Add to butter and mix well (if too dry add more condensed milk). Then mix in chocolate chips.

Roll into small balls and place onto a greased tray and press down with a fork

Bake 15 minutes in a 180 degree C oven.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liesl said...

Thank you for this terrific recipe. I have been looking for something to make with the new Sweet William choc chips I just found at Coles. My little boy will love this!

9:33 am  
Blogger Libby said...

These sound like a terrific variation...I bet I could use coconut milk as a sub for our milk allergy. Thanks! Libby

12:19 pm  
Anonymous Dave Jones said...

sounds delicious...yummy.

3:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home